The Fellowship is offered to women scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) to undertake PhD research in the Natural, Engineering and Information Technology sciences at a host institute in the South.
The programme is administered with funds generously provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and is offered in partnership with host institutes throughout the developing world.
The general purpose of the fellowship programme is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology, and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
The specific aims of the fellowship programme are:
- To improve access to educational and training opportunities in science and technology for young and talented women graduates from STLCs.
- To increase the scientific productivity and creativity of women scientists in STLCs.
- To empower a new generation of talented women to assume a leadership role in science and technology.
- To encourage women scientists to contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries.
- To enable women scientist from the South to collaborate and network on a regional and international level.
Agencies Involved: Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World
Key Dates: Applications are typically due in May of each year
See website for more detailed information.